Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Testing, Testing......

Ok, I've been spending a lot of time lately trying to figure out all the features of Blogger.  Some things are pretty intuitive, but I'm struggling with some simple things.  If this is a Google product, why do I have such a hard time finding my blog, or my dashboard from google.com.  There doesn't appear to be any simple way to log into my google account, and have this blog just one click away.  Yes, I know I can bookmark this page, but I just haven't gotten around to that yet.  Besides, I'm still trying to decide if I really like this interface, or if perhaps a better blogging option might better suit my needs.  I've settled on the design now, but I reserve the right to continue to tweak it.

Now for the test.  I want to develop a work flow that best prepares my photos for display here, and perhaps elsewhere on the web.  I use Apple's Aperture to organize my photos and one of Aperture's features is that it generates "previews", which are versions of the pictures that can be shared by those applications which can access a media browser.  These previews are used when one uses the insert image button to add a photo to a blog post.  I'm testing two versions of the same image here, one without any adjustments and the other with some adjustments made with Aperture.  I want to see which one displays better here.  Perhaps one can't tell the difference but I won't know until I try it.  The picture was taken at Wolfe's Neck Woods State Park, in Freeport ME.  Let me know what you think, and if you can tell which picture is straight out of the camera, and which had had the image adjusted.  I'd also be interested in hearing how others prepare their pictures for display.

Version 1
Version 2

No comments:

Post a Comment