Monday, July 15, 2019

I'm Back..... I think.....

I see from the Blogger "archives" that my last post was dated November 19, 2018 and posts all throughout 2018 were sporadic at best due to some major health issues.  Since November, most of my time has been spent recovering from two major surgeries that have left me with little energy nor the motivation to pursue photography and therefore posts to this blog.  The good news is, the surgeries were curative, and I am now free from cancer.  I'm slowly regaining my strength, but never realized how long a process the recovery would be.  On top of all that, in February a company reorganization resulted in my position being eliminated, so after 40 years in the drug discovery business I now find myself adjusting to retired life, a number of months ahead of my planned retirement.  With retirement, though comes a lot more free time, not only to completely recover physically, but also to pursue all my interests, including becoming a better photographer.  I hope I remember how to post my photos here and offer the first of what I hope will be regular, daily photos from southeast Connecticut, and other areas.

Stonington, CT  2019



4 comments:

  1. Ed, I worried about you. Delighted to see you back posting. Hope this means you are recovering and back to doing creative photography. Hope your forced retirement poses few problems. For myself, I am enjoying retirement as a cancer survivor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, good to see you! That's sounds like a like of changes in your life but as you say, look on the positive side and observe the beauty in your area and share it on your blog. It will be appreciated.
    Once again, good to see this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ed, catching up on posts I have missed and came across this. So sorry for you health issues but good news that you are now on the mend. Also loosing a long time job is a tough break. I have been through that one but was lucky to find more good work to take me to full retirement. It is huge let down to be pushed aside after a long career and loyalty to your employer, but you seem to have faced the reality of what matters; Heath, family, personal fulfillment. Ironic that cancer was your foe considering your work and career. I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete