Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Colors of Baseball


I still have very vivid recollections from the time I attended my first professional baseball game.   It was in the early 60's and I must have been about 7 years old at the time.  My dad took me and my younger brother to Yankee Stadium to watch the Yankees play the Chicago White Sox.   I remember that the Yankees won.  I can still recall seeing the field for the first time and being awestruck in just how colorful the field was.  The grass was so green and the infield so brown.  I hadn't realized just how colorful the ballpark was, for up until I actually saw the field at Yankee Stadium, my only experiences were watching them play on a black and white TV.  




Now we all have color, high definition, digital TV's, and despite all that advancement, I still get a thrill seeing a ballpark in person.  The colors are still as vibrant as I remember when I was young.

No comments:

Post a Comment