Sunday, February 10, 2013

Blizzard 2013


Niantic, CT

It's been quite a while since I've seen this much snow.  My fellow bloggers here in Connecticut have posted their photos, so I feel obligated to post some of mine.  The snow started on Friday morning, and did not stop until mid-morning on Saturday.   By all accounts, south east Connecticut caught the brunt of this storm.  I would guess we had over 20" of snow here in Niantic, perhaps more, with lots of drifting.  Our power went out at about 10:00PM Friday night, so even though I was able to get out and do some photography, I couldn't process the pictures with my computer until the power returned early Sunday morning.  Some of my neighbors were evacuated to shelters.  It wasn't too bad inside, but by the time our power returned our inside temperature was down to 48 deg F.  I noticed quite a few trees down in our neighborhood.  

No comments:

Post a Comment