Monday, June 17, 2013

Red Hook Bait and Tackle Shop

Red Hook, Brooklyn, NY

This place doesn't look like much from the outside, but it is one of the best neighborhood bars in all of Brooklyn, NY.  In a addition, it serves as the somewhat, "unofficial" headquarters of  the "Switch to Manual" Workshop hosted by professional photographers Antonio Rosario and Tom Martinez.  You can learn more of their workshops here.  In an attempt to improve my feeble photographic skills, I signed up for the workshop and after meeting here for course instruction for a couple of hours, we spent  the rest of the day shooting both inside this bar, as well as around the Red Hook neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY.  I'll be posting pictures all this week from both inside the Bait and Tackle Shop, as well as from around the Red Hook area of Brooklyn.  If you're ever in the area, I would highly recommend the Switch to Manual Workshop.  Even if you know all about the manual settings on your camera, the chance to spend a day shooting with Antonio and Tom in Red Hook is well worth the price. 

2 comments:

  1. I just looked at a week's worth of your photos. The benefits of this workshop are already showing up in your photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very encouraging to hear. Thank you so much. I already knew about shooting in manual and usually shoot totally manual or aperture priority. I really wanted to hang out with a couple of pros for the day and learn what I could from them. It was a great time.

      Delete