Friday, November 29, 2013

Cider Mill Reflections

Old Mystic, CT

I caught this reflection on a very dreary, cloudy, rainy Wednesday on a trip to Clyde's Cider Mill to pick up a supply of apple cider for my family Thanksgiving Dinner.   I'll be linking this to Weekend Reflections where you can see lots of great reflections from all over the world.  

Photography is all about controlling light.  This is something I struggle with as I continue to learn more about photography.  Recently I've been trying to improve my skills using a flash so I've done a lot of reading on the basics of flash photography.  I wondered what would result if I used a flash for the image above.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was surprised with the image using the flash, shown below.  I'm sure those very knowledgeable about flash photography would not have been surprised with the resulting image, but I was surprised.  I really expected to see some reflection, at least from the flash itself, but it appears that the flash illuminated everything behind the glass providing a clear display with no reflections.  I thought it was interesting.  Have a nice weekend, and thanks for visiting.


4 comments:

  1. really neat - both versions. a very quaint looking place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful reflections and wonderful without.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful reflection shot ~ reminds me of a beautiful montage of photos ~ and you are right ~ learning curve always keeps me exploring in photography or any creative work ~ thanks, carol,xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to put a picture with reflection and another one without the reflection... What a change of perspective !

    ReplyDelete