Friday, January 10, 2014

Baldwin Bridge

Old Saybrook, CT

The still waters of the Connecticut River made for a nice reflection the Baldwin Bridge, which carries I95 and US1 across the river, connecting the towns of Old Saybrook on the west to Old Lyme on the east.  The bridge was completed 1993 at a cost of $460 million dollars and today over 80,000 vehicles cross the Connecticut River via this bridge daily.  Two of those vehicles would by mine, as I cross this bridge on my daily commute to and from work.  This view is to the east, from the Old Saybrook side of the bridge.  Have a nice weekend, and check out some of the other great reflections at Weekend Reflections.

7 comments:

  1. Eine sehr schöne Spiegelung ist dir da vor die linse gekommen !
    Ich bin auch bei "Weekend-Reflections "dabei und habe dich dort entdeckt !
    Du machst sehr schöne Fotos, hast du nicht Lust, bei meiner neuen Foto-Aktion mit zu machen ?
    Es geht um Makro-Aufnahmen.
    Hier erfährst du näheres:
    http://www.kreativ-im-rentnerdasein.blogspot.de/2014/01/makro-bilder-ratsel.html

    Ich würde mich sehr freuen.
    Einen schönen Sonntag und liebe Grüße
    Jutta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by an visiting my blog, Jutta. I appreciate your kind words. You must forgive me for even though I am of German ancestry and studied the German language in high school and college many years ago, my translation skills are not as good as they once were. I have not done any macro photography, yet. I need to save some money for a good macro lens. Thanks for your comments.

      Delete
  2. Excellent! This is a strong image.

    ReplyDelete