Sunday, August 23, 2015

Puppets

UCONN, Storrs, CT  2015

If you mention the University of Connecticut to anyone in this state and they immediately think of the  outstanding women's and men basketball programs.  But in addition to their athletic programs and academics, UCONN has a world renown program in the field of puppet arts. The university is the home to the Ballard Institute and Museum of Puppetry. Recently the Puppet Arts Program hosted an international conference on puppet arts, which culminated with a pageant featuring some pretty fanciful puppets.  I never knew you could get a BA degree in puppetry.  

2 comments:

  1. You were there? So was I! I will have to look over the photos that I kept to see if I see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you hear the barbershop chorus sing at the end of the pageant in the town square? I'm part of that group and actually directed the chorus for their performance. You might have heard me speak at the mic as part of the performance.

    ReplyDelete