Tuesday, September 15, 2015

My Summer Project II

I fared a little better with my second roll of Kodak Tmax400 film with a lot more pictures closer to what I was expecting to see.  However I found it a little tricky using the Pentax ME Super's light meter which varied wildly from shot to shot.  Most of the shots looked like the  the following two images.



Mystic Seaport, Mystic, CT

I expected to see some grain in the photos, but there were a lot of these images which appeared to be washed out, and of very low contrast.  I wasn't really sure if the images were over exposed or not.  But from that same roll, I also got the following image, more to my liking.


It appeared to me that I might have a problem with the light meter.  


3 comments:

  1. It's been so many years since I've used film. But I still have my old film camera. I keep thinking maybe someday I'll get it out again....Good for you for trying film!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you inspected the negatives to get a better clue? Also fiddling with levels and cures in LIghtroom you might be surprised what you can pull out of the images, but that depends on how well the scans were made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought when looking at the first two low contrast images is that there is something wrong with your camera. Don't think it is the meter. I suspect the aperture of your lens, or your shutter is not functioning as it should, but the problem may be intermittent as it appeared to work on the bottom shot, Good luck diagnosing the problem.

    ReplyDelete