Plymouth, CT 2106
Eli Terry Jr was a clock maker who later turned to making locks on this site in the 1830's. Power for the factory was supplied by this water wheel which is believed to be one of only two water wheels of this type in the United States. The lock factory eventually became the Eagle Lock Co in 1854 and employed 1800 people. The company ceased operations in 1975. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this water wheel is all that remains.