Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Meet Dr David Hesse

Dr David Hesse
New Haven, CT 2018

I can't say enough about Dr. Hesse.  He convinced me that surgery would cure me of the bladder cancer and that I could maintain a good quality of life afterwards.  So on June 5, I underwent 10 hours of surgery, where Dr Hesse and his team of surgeons performed a prosto cystectomy removing both my bladder and prostate and creating a "neobladder" from parts of my intestine.  It is one of the most complex surgeries done at Yale-New Haven, St Raphael's Hospital.  Afterwards the results of all the pathology showed no signs of cancer outside of the bladder.  I was cured, and Dr Hesse said I would live to be an old man.  I've spent the rest of the summer recovering and dealing with some complications resulting from the surgery and learning to adjust to my new bladder.  It hasn't been easy, but definitely worth it.  Thank you Dr Hesse and Dr Portman.  You both are truly life savers.  

2 comments:

  1. What a very nice tribute and testimony! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That was MAJOR surgery. Again, glad it is in the past and was successful.

    ReplyDelete