Mystic Seaport, Mystic, CT 2016
This engine was built by the Packard Motor Car Co. of Detroit, Michigan around 1940. The engine has 12 cylinders and generates 1300 HP. Three of these engines would provide power for the US Navy's Patrol Torpedo (PT) boats during World War II. This engine was operating and created quite a roar when throttled up.