Thursday, March 1, 2012

Garden Statue


Along with the flowers on display, there were many landscape displays, and various garden ornaments.  I was so intent on concentrating on focus, exposure, composition, etc., that I never noticed the price tag on her arm until I opened the image on my computer. I'm sure someone highly skilled in post processing could clone it out, but I just left it in to serve as a reminder to be more attentive to the subject when I'm photographing.  It's not quite so obvious below.

3 comments:

  1. I actually kind of like the tag...

    Sometimes with shots like these, it's best to focus on the distracting element, rather than to try and eliminate it. I've taken some lovely shots of rubbish left in Egyptian temples! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave the tag. It provides the viewer with information about the size of the statue. This means that the ball is closer to the size of a marble than a basketball. Like the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the comments. TFG is right. It was a rather small statue, and the band does provide a point of reference. I don't plan to remove it, and I'm glad you both feel it didn't distract too much from the images.

    ReplyDelete