Friday, April 25, 2014

John's

Mystic, CT

There are a number of "Irish" pubs in Mystic and the surrounding towns here in southeast Connecticut.  I'm proud to say that I have a significant Irish heritage and I have been known to down a pint or two at some of these fine establishments, even here at John's.  I do find it a little disconcerting that according the the sign above the door, which you might not be able to read in this photo, John's was established in 1967,  making it 14 years younger than I am.  For some reason I think all Irish pubs should be hundreds of years old or at least older than 60 years!  Despite being a mere 47 years old, John's did have a nice reflection and for this reason,  I'll be sharing this with other much more outstanding reflections from around the world at Weekend Reflections.  Have a nice weekend and thanks for reading.

5 comments:

  1. Let's wait St Patrick's day to visit this place... ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irish pubs often provide excellent stouts, ales and conversation. The fine reflection is just icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I live in Ireland so this pub really appelled to me with its reflection. Hope you like Guinness! Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. I like this bub and its reflection.
    Greetings from Finland.

    ReplyDelete