Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sign Selfie


I need to be much more observant when I'm out on photo walks.  I few weeks ago I was walking around downtown Nashua, NH looking for various photo opportunities.  Along with some very interesting architecture and restored buildings I came across some very colorful signs like the one shown above.  At the time I didn't pay too much attention to the subject of the sign.  Only when I began to edit the photo did I think that the building pictured in the sign looked very unique and familiar to me.  Sure enough, during the same walk, I had photographed the building pictured in the sign due to the striking turret along the corner of the building.  I never connected the two until I started editing.

Nashua, NH

If I realized the connection, I would have tried to photograph the building as it appears in the sign. 

2 comments:

  1. Those missed opportunities are frustrating, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is often what the editing process is about. Seeing new possibilities. If I'm being systematic, which doesn't happen often, I look back at a day's production, and then go back to re-photograph it to correct errors or change emphasis. It is all about seeing what is possible. Good pick up in your photos.

    ReplyDelete