Friday, August 22, 2014

Reflections.....

Mystic, CT

Although the boats here are nicely reflected in the waters of the Mystic River on this particular evening,  and I'm sharing this photo with Weekend Reflections,  I have reflections of a different kind on my mind for this particular post. This post marks my 1000th post on Connecticut Diaries, so it gave me pause to reflect on my photography and blogging efforts during the better part of almost three years now.  I wasn't sure what to expect when I started this.  I had taken up photography strictly as a hobby and wanted to share my photos with others with the hope that they might enjoy them as much as I do.  Searching for photos to share here has forced me to look critically at my images, and I hope it has helped me become a better photographer. Looking back on some of my early posts, I wonder what I was thinking with some of the photos I shared! I hope I'm doing a little better now.  I have developed a small but avid group of followers who I know only through their comments here and in following their blogs.  I appreciate and value their comments here and have been inspired by their work.  Overall, I would say this has been a great learning experience for me and I hope to continue blogging for at least another 1000 posts.  Thanks for visiting.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations Ed. I think we all grow with projects like these. Your work is always interesting to me and I enjoy your view of the world.

    Like the gradation of colors in this sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful reflection.
    Your text is just cool.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your milestone, and beautiful Mystic scene. Photo blogging is very addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful reflection shot of Mystic ~ loved in there when we cruised with our boat ~ fond memories ~ thanks!

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, feel that blogging has helped improve my photography.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... She's a beauty, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely reflection Ed, and I echo your sentiments about the journey of photo blogging. I too am grateful to those who take the time to view my posts and appreciate the opportunity to learn from fellow bloggers. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, you found a wonderful scene for today's reflection photograph. And, second, congratulations on your 1,000th post. Keep taking photos, keep learning, and keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Arrived here via Jack's Hartford blog - and it's lovely to see a photo of Mystic, since I visited there last September. Congratulations on your 1000th post!

    ReplyDelete