Monday, September 8, 2014

J K Lilly Automobile Museum

Sandwich, MA

This is one of the museums located at the Heritage Museum and Gardens in Sandwich, MA and houses the collection of over 30 antique automobiles, that were acquired by Josiah K Lilly III, an heir to the Lilly Pharmaceutical fortune.  He very quietly was involved in numerous philanthropic ventures in the Cape Cod area, donating land and money, including the land that now is Heritage Museum and Gardens.  I'll be featuring some of the autos that are on display here in my posts this week.  

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to the auto pictures. Looks like you had an ideal day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to this museum. Shame on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking building. I love to hear about the quiet philanthropy of such people.

    ReplyDelete