Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fence

Rocky Neck State Park

I'm still learning about photography and have been taking pictures with my Nikon D90 now for about 2 years now.  Before that I used a Canon G1.  I think the current model of that particular Canon is now the Canon G12, giving you some idea of how far digital photography has come since 2001.  Of course one thing that all photographers know about is how the aperture controls the depth of field, or in other words, how much of the picture appears to be acceptably in focus.  Whenever I see repetitive pattern like the fence shown above, I think to myself, "let me practice controlling the depth of field, by varying the aperture."  This is just one example.  The results were not as dramatic as I had hoped, but I think you can see there are a number of posts which are acceptably in focus:

AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED, 105mm,  f/5.6, 1/160

No comments:

Post a Comment