Sunday, June 15, 2014

Figurehead

New London

Sometimes it really pays to look up when out looking for photo opportunities.  I didn't notice this figurehead however until I looked down on the sidewalk on Bank St in New London.  The city has a heritage walk through the city and a number of historic sites are marked with bronze plaques placed in the sidewalk.  I was walking the streets of New London, and was particularly interested in shooting some of the unique architecture when I looked down and found the plaque placed in front of this particular building.  The plaque told me to look up and I was rewarded with this sight.  I never noticed the ladies here before and would expect to see such figureheads on the bow of a sailing ship and not on a building in downtown New London. 

No comments:

Post a Comment