Saturday, December 6, 2014

National Bank of Commerce

New London, CT  2014

At one time this bank building housed the National Bank of Commerce.  I noticed when processing the picture above that there was a "ghost sign" above the columns.  I think it reads Hartford National Bank and Trust Co.  The history of banks, and the banking industry is very convoluted with acquisitions and mergers so it was hard for me to find anything about what happened to either the National Bank of Commerce or the Hartford National Bank and Trust Company.  I can't even be sure if there is a bank still here.  There were no obvious signs on the outside.


1 comment:

  1. I suspect that it would be a challenge even for bankers to trace the lineage of banks through the mergers, acquisitions and consolidations.

    ReplyDelete