Thursday, December 6, 2012

On Hiatus

I'm sorry I have no picture to post today, and I think it might be a couple of days, if not longer before I'll be able to resume regular posting here.  As I sat down to select an image for today's post, my trusty MacBook Pro failed to boot properly and I was left with a black display.  Despite my best attempts to revive my ailing laptop, I was unable to breath any new life into my 4 year old computer.  I know that's ancient in computer years, so perhaps it's time to look at a new and improved model. 

My dilemma is, I have not only this MacBook Pro ( early 2008 Model) but an even older iMac G5 which still works well, but is not able to run the latest software or operating systems on which I've come to rely for archiving, processing, displaying and sharing my photographs.  I enjoy the portability and convenience of the laptop, but I would prefer the much larger display of the latest iMac's for viewing and processing my photos.  If money were no object, I'd replace both, but realistically I really need to decide which one to replace.

I'm off to the local Apple Store tomorrow to talk to the "Geniuses" there.  Perhaps they might be able to easily repair my laptop in which case I can hold off on making a purchase for a little while longer.  I know for sure they'd be more than happy to sell me the latest and greatest Apple computer.  So for the time being I won't be posting photos, but I promise to resume once my computer issues are resolved.  Thanks for reading and following my blog.  Wish me luck......

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Ed. Computers get some odd gremlins in them from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frustrating. Wish you the best of luck with your repair or replacement of your computer.

    ReplyDelete