Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mystic River Bridge

Mystic CT

After two years of work, renovations on the Mystic River Bridge are nearing completion. The bridge looks much nicer now than in the last picture I posted of this bridge. There is going to be a big celebration in Mystic celebrating the completion of the work on May 4.  Local businesses suffered while the bridge was being renovated and they're happy the bridge will be operational this summer.  I've always found traffic to be very busy in Mystic no matter if the bridge is working or not. 

3 comments:

  1. That is a great looking old style bridge. Thanks for the post and the link to your previous post.

    Your comment on my blog made me smile. I also like checking out local brews, but find I don't drink much beer these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to check this bridge out in the summer. I have been in line waiting impatiently for the bridge to go down many a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always check the time if I'm anywhere near downtown Mystic in the summer time so I can avoid being there when the bridge is up. With the renovations done in the winter months, the bridge was always down, so a number of boats had to winter at the seaport, since they were stuck until spring.

    ReplyDelete