Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pardon the Interruption...


Niantic, CT

I'll return to posting some more pictures from Yale, but thought I'd get the requisite winter snow pictures posted today.  The first picture is my patio as I found it this morning after the latest big storm to hit our area of Connecticut.  I think we got about 8" of snow, perhaps more.  The predictions were pretty accurate this time.  I've heard the storm was worse near Boston and Cape Cod was especially hard hit.  The snow was followed by some bitterly cold temperatures.  Tonight it's predicted to get down to the single digits near the shoreline. Spring cannot come fast enough. 

2 comments:

  1. This snow pattern reversed the usual Connecticut snow pattern. Usually the Litchfield hills get the most, the center of the state gets average and the shoreline gets the least. You got a lot more than the 2 - 3 inches Hartford got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a bad winter so far. Way colder than usual and there doesn't seem to be a break in the weather pattern anytime soon. Enjoy your warm weather!

      Delete