Thursday, January 23, 2014

Yale University-Sheffield Tower

New Haven, CT

This is a view of the base of Shefflield Tower.  I could spend hours looking closely at all the buildings   at Yale, and I'm sure I would not be able to find all the details that went into their construction.  One doesn't see this level of detail in today's buildings.  It's obvious from all the scientific symbols seen here that this building was once a part of the Shefflield Scientific School.  Currently I think it is part of the School of Engineering and Applied Science.  "Lux et veritas" translates roughly as "light and truth", if I recall my high school Latin correctly.  The good Fr Nicholas would be proud that I remembered something from his Latin classes.  

1 comment:

  1. Light and truth. You've got it. I wonder if Yale or Harvard got the "verities" think first. Google knows, but I don't think I will take the time to check it out.

    ReplyDelete