Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thames River Reflections

Gales Ferry, CT

Followers of this blog might recall a post from a couple of weeks ago featuring the Yale Boat House on the Thames River.  This photo was taken nearby and I was really interested in capturing the reflections of the sailboats to share with Weekend Reflections.  What I didn't realize at the time was I was also able to capture the boat house used by Harvard for their training for the annual Yale-Harvard Regatta.  If you look carefully beyond the sailboats, right in the center of the picture you'll see a white building with red doors,  and you might be able to make out the red cupola.  This is "Red Top", which is owned and maintained by Harvard University and used once a year for training their crew.  Unfortunately I could not get closer to Red Top on a later trip to this area.  It's not quite as accessible as Yale's Boat House.  Have a nice weekend and thanks for visiting. 

11 comments:

  1. That is quite a commentary, isn't it? Harvard is so rich that it can afford to own and maintain a boat house used once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that's why they have a $32.3 Billion endowment, the largest of any university.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fascinating they can maintain it all year long for one event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing water reflection... really perfect in all details...

    Happy Valentines day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful reflections! Happy Valentine's Day:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cliked to enlarge and discovered a wonderful landscape! the river is like a mirror, how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice peaceful capture:) My reaction to Ed's comment: guess I have to say my heart is for the poor not the rich (although I'm not poor myself by any means)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guess flooding is a huge problem right now. - Margy

    ReplyDelete