Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter Moon

I've always had an interest in astronomy and have thought about trying to do some astrophotography.  The moon is an easy subject and one way to try to get one's feet wet with doing astrophotography. Usually around the time of a full moon, a number of people will post their pictures on some of the photography forums I follow, and I must admit some of the images of the moon I've seen there are pretty good.  So with some experimentation about a week or so ago and with the benefit of some clear skies,  I was able to capture a number of images, some of which I thought were pretty decent.  This full moon is special since this is the first full after the vernal equinox, and as such determines the date for Easter Sunday, which is the following Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment